Whether you’re quitting your job or hiding from an overzealous friend, we have an easy guide on how to appear offline on Xbox One.
There are two main ways to appear offline in Xbox One, and both will completely hide your online presence of friends.
However, you will receive message alerts, and you will always have bad luck and end up in the same multiplayer lobby as one of the friends you are trying to avoid.
How to appear offline on Xbox One for everyone
The first way to dodge companions is by appearing offline for everyone. Just follow these steps:
- Make sure you’re signed in to Xbox Live
- Press the Xbox button on your controller
- Scroll left and selected your profile picture
- Click to find a drop-down menu
- Then press ‘Appear offline.’
And there you have it: complete game privacy.
How to appear offline on Xbox One for some people
Alternatively, you may want to appear offline for specific people, such as the following:
- Go to the configuration of your Xbox One
- Choose ‘Account’ in the menu on the left
- Next, choose “privacy and online security” on the right
From there, you will be presented with some different privacy options for different players (such as adults or children).
To exclude certain people, follow these steps:
- Choose ‘custom.’
- Select ‘view details and customize.’
- Press the drop-down menu below “others can see if you’re connected.”
Now, you can choose if you want everyone to see your status, or just friends, or nobody at all.
More from Tutorials
As part of the preparation for the orientation program, the National Youth Services Corps has urged potential body members to …