Apple launched its iPhone X and introduced a new security option called Face ID: recognize your face and unlock your smartphone. Apple has abandoned Touch ID for Face ID, stating that Face ID is much safer. The iPhone X uses a set of sensors to recognize the user’s face and unlocks the smartphone. In addition to security enhancements, Apple also states that this face lock mechanism is much easier to use than Touch ID.
Face lock is a “new” feature that almost all smartphone makers with Android seem to be adding on their smartphones today. Even Samsung did it and users are finding this feature useful and also using it with fingerprint unlocking.
But if you still want this feature on your Android smartphone, do not worry, we’ll give you back your hand. Here is a step-by-step guide that allows you to enable the face to unlock on your Android smartphone without even rooting your smartphone. Let’s see how you can do this.
Steps to enable Face lock on your Android smartphone
- Go to Settings -> Security -> Smart Lock. Write the PIN or draw the pattern to move to the next page.
- Now touch the Trust face option and follow the configuration process.
- Make sure that while setting up your face, go outdoors to get more light so the camera can better recognize your face.
- Once the configuration is complete, you can test the unlocking process by locking your smartphone and unlocking it by aligning your face with the front camera.
- You can always return to Settings and improve the facial recognition feature if you re-register your face. For this, follow the previous process and select Improve facial recognition when you see the option.
The face lock feature here is not as secure as unlocking your fingerprint or PIN, as you can fool yourself with your image. You should always use a fingerprint or PIN security and not this. This can only be done to look cool among your friends. Also, this option is not as fast and convenient as the fingerprint sensor because, for this, you should always align your face to unlock the device.
More from Android Tutorials
NOTE: root xiaomi mi a1 and Unlocking the Xiaomi Mi A1 bootloader will not void the warranty. Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi …