Usually, text messages are sent from one phone to another, but there is no reason why you cannot use your laptop or computer when the battery is exhausted or the phone is not at hand. Here’s how to send a text from a computer.
The ability to send a text from a computer is something you probably do not think about until you need to. But it’s easy to set up and, once you’ve done it, you’ll probably find that you use it more often than you think. Being able to send text messages from a laptop can be more convenient if you are already using that device anyway.
Before you begin, consider that you probably already have some options that you can use. If you are a Facebook user, you can send messages to any of your friends by logging on to Messenger.com. If you use WhatsApp, there is WhatsApp Web. If you are an iPhone user who also has a Mac, you can use the Messages application on your Mac, or if you use a Windows PC, iPadian could allow you to access iMessage.
The evidence uncovered by XDA Developers suggests that a similar Android messaging feature, called Android Messages, will be available soon.
The email gateways to SMS allow you to send a text message through your regular email client, but in the UK they are mostly paid services that are used for mass marketing messages. A better alternative is to use a free application such as MightyText, which can send text messages from a PC to a phone.
How to send a text from a computer with MightyText
- Launch Google Play on your phone, then search and install MightyText
- In your computer’s browser, visit MightyText.net/install in your computer’s browser
- Scroll down to step 2 – Run on your computer (or tablet)
- Select your browser. We are using Chrome.
- Click on the link to install the MightyText Chrome extension
- Click on the link to open the MightyText web application
- In the future, you can access the web application from the MightyText icon in your browser bar
- Click on New message, select a recipient, enter your message and press the Send icon
Note that the MightyText application required for the configuration is only available on Android.
More from PC Tutorials
AOMEI OneKey Recovery is an one click recovery software for Windows. In fact, it is a simple system backup&restore tool. …