Bored of the values and performance interface of your new Galaxy S9 Plus? Do you want it to take root? Well, then you are exactly in the right place. We will provide you with the best possible means through which you can easily root your Galaxy S9 Plus and increase its performance and appearance.
To root your Galaxy S9 Plus, we will use the TWRP recovery method, which is almost the easiest to root the device. We have discussed a complete guide, as well as the requirements and steps to successfully root your device. Follow the guide correctly along with the steps necessary to complete the task.
Install TWRP on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus before rooting
In case you don’t understand the guide below on how to install TWRP, you can check out our tutorial on how to install twrp on Samsung S9 and S9+
- First, you must activate the device developer options from the system configuration. For this, you must follow the steps.
Settings> About the phone> Software information.
Now, you must touch the “Build No.” seven times and this will enable the Developer Options.
- Next, you must activate the option to toggle right next to the ‘Unlock OEM’. For this, follow the steps that are shown.
Settings> Developer options
- Then you need to download and extract the ODIN package from Samsung on your PC.
- You must turn off your device and restart it in download mode. Follow the steps provided to complete the task.
[VOLUME DOWN] + [BIXBY] + [POWER]
You must keep it for at least 15 seconds for a pop-up message. Now press the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
- Open Odin and click [AP] to locate the downloaded TWRP file.
- Then, you must connect your smartphone to the PC using a USB cable. You will be notified of the connection.
- Now, you have to start the ODIN. To complete the task, follow the steps given. While holding down the key
[UP VOLUME] + [BIXBY] + [POWER] + [Start]
The flashing process will start now. Do not release the button combinations until you enter TWRP.
- Now you need to format your data from the TWRP recovery options. To do this, follow the steps provided.
TWRP> Delete> Format data> type “yes”> Enter.
- After deleting your data, restart TWRP. Do what is suggested.
Restart> Recovery to restart TWRP.
- Now you need to download the ‘dm-verity and force the encryption disabler.zip’ on your computer. Transfer them to your phone.
- Locate the TWRP recovery files and flash.
- After updating the files, restart your device to activate the TWRP and make it functional.
Root your Samsung S9 and S9+ using TWRP
- After that, restart your device to recovery mode.
[RAISE VOLUME] + [BIXBY] + [POWER].
- You must download the ‘N965F_root_OEM_issue_devices.zip’ to your computer and transfer the file to your device.
- From the TWRP, click Install, locate the zip file and save it.
- During the process, select “Yes” for “OEM Patch” and “Root with SuperSU”.
- After the flashing is complete, simply restart your device. That’s it, your Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 plus is rooted successfully with SuperSU.
These are the steps necessary to successfully root your Galaxy S9 / S9 plus using the TWRP recovery. Follow the full guide to root the device without covering it.
More from Android Tutorials
NOTE: root xiaomi mi a1 and Unlocking the Xiaomi Mi A1 bootloader will not void the warranty. Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi …