Samsung is one of the best and most popular smartphones in the world. It has become the most active competitor for other smartphones and devices in the market through its unique features and profitability; making it affordable for a wide range of the population. In addition to the features that manufacturers offer their customers, there are specific features or aspects of the device that are restricted to user access. A transition to these aspects and functions can be obtained by rooting the device, flashing the stock firmware or custom recovery. To perform these activities on Samsung Galaxy devices, Samsung provides the Odin Flash tool.
Odin Flash Tool is a firmware flashing software developed by Samsung for its wide range of devices. Odin helps to flash Stock Firmware, Custom Firmware, Stock Recovery, Custom Recovery, Kernel. It is mainly used within the Samsung organisation permissions and its service centres to repair and resolve problems that arise in the devices. However, Odin’s software has been leaked on public platforms and is now available for free for download. In this article, we have listed the complete guide on the procedure to follow to download and install Odin Flash Tool.
Download Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices
Smartphones and Samsung tablets can be quickly routed when updating root packages such as SuperSU. However, the most significant benefit of using Odin Flash Tool is that it interrupts the KNOX counter, which prevents the guarantee from expiring. Odin can also be used to install OTA updates that have not yet been implemented in a region. Also, it facilitates the installation of official and unofficial firmware without any restrictions. Therefore, it is evident that Odin Flash Tool gives users more freedom than Samsung intended.
To provide you with a complete understanding of the Odin Flash tool, we have included the functions performed in the following points:
- Flash help Stock Firmware and Custom Firmware on Galaxy devices.
- Custom recovery flashes as TWRP.
- Custom Flash kernels that result in better performance and better battery life.
- Install root packages such as SuperSU, to get root access on your Samsung device.
How to Install Odin Flash Tool on PC
Now, without further delay, let’s move on to the process of installing the Odin Flash tool on your desktop / PC.
Download Odin Flash Tool (All versions)
To obtain useful results, it is recommended to download the latest version of the Odin Flash tool. In cases where you are using the device from a previous model or an earlier version of Android, be sure to download the corresponding Odin Flash tool for trouble-free use.
PrinceComsyModifiedODIN.zip (for new generation Galaxy devices such as Note 8)
Odin3_v3.13.1.zip (Supports new firmware with compressed binaries lz4)
Odin3_v3.10.7.zip (for the Marshmallow firmware)
Odin3_v3.09.zip (for the KitKat / JellyBean firmware)
Odin3_v1.85.zip (for Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread firmware)
Download Heimdall and Java-Odin for Mac and Linux
Use Odin’s online tool.
Java-based Odin version
Requirements to use Odin flash tool
- Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest Samsung USB driver on your PC.
- Also, remember that Odin admits:
- Flashing firmware and files only on Samsung devices with Android.
- Just in the Windows operating system.
- When using the tool, you must make sure that the Samsung Kies software is not running. Otherwise, it could stop the process.
- To install the firmware, you must first download the stock firmware for your device. Some of the most reliable sources include:
How to install Odin Flash Tool on Windows PC
- Download the zip file of the Odin Flash tool according to your Samsung device and the Android version.
- Now, extract the downloaded file to your PC using a file tool.
- Open the extracted folder “Odin3_v3.12.10”.
- Then double-click on the executable file “Odin3 v3.12.10.exe”.
Note: If you start previous versions of Odin, you will be asked to allow “User account control”.
- After which, the tool starts automatically on your Windows PC.
- Now, connect your Samsung Galaxy device in download mode, select the files and you’re all set.
- It is important to note that Odin only supports files with “.tar” and “.tar.md5” extensions.
Although Odin Flash Tool allows users to perform various functions that improve the operation of the device, it also has another face. Odin’s software entirely writes the entire system of the device. As a result of which, in case of any interruption during the installation process, there is a chance that a problem will arise. In the worst case, the phone could even be blocked. Although updating the firmware using Odin can fix brick devices in cases of hard bricks, it becomes challenging.
However, the Odin Flash tool has proven effective in solving most of the problems that arise in Samsung devices, since the manufacturer uses this software for similar purposes. So go and install the Odin Flash tool immediately following the steps mentioned.