Apple released iOS 11.3, the latest update of its mobile operating system. The updated software comes standard on Apple’s new 9.7-inch iPad announced this week and is now available for download for iPhones and iPads.
The iOS 11.3 update includes new features such as improved augmented reality features, new Animoji (if you have an iPhone X) and a beta version of iPhone Battery Health, which allows you to view information about the capacity and performance of your iPhone’s battery.
Apple added the battery’s health function after reports that iPhones were being intentionally stopped with old batteries without revealing the practice to customers.
How to upgrade to iOS 11.3
To download the latest update, go to Settings> General> Software update.
Features of iOS 11.3
- ARKit 1.5 allows developers to place digital objects on vertical surfaces, such as walls and doors, as well as horizontal surfaces.
- Add support to detect and incorporate images such as movie posters or illustrations into AR experiences.
Supports a higher-resolution real-world camera view when RA experiences are used.
The health of the iPhone battery (beta)
- It shows information about the maximum capacity of the iPhone battery and the maximum performance capacity.
- Indicates whether the performance management function that dynamically manages maximum performance to avoid unexpected stops is enabled and includes the option to deactivate it.
- Recommend if a battery needs to be replaced.
iPad charge management
- Maintains battery health when the iPad is connected to power for extended periods of time, such as when used in kiosks, point-of-sale systems, or stored in freight cars.
Animoji on iOS 11.3
- Presents four new Animoji on iPhone X: lion, bear, dragon and skull.
- When an Apple feature requests to use your personal information, an icon now appears along with a link to detailed information that explains how your data will be used and protected.
Business chat (beta): only for EE. UU
- Communicate with companies to easily ask questions, schedule appointments and make purchases within the Messages application built into iPhone and iPad.
Health records (beta): only in the USA UU
- Access health records and view laboratory results, vaccines and more in a consolidated timeline in the Health application.
- It includes a new music video experience, which includes an updated section of music videos with exclusive video playlists.
- Find friends who have similar tastes using updated suggestions in Apple Music that reveal the genres that people enjoy and the common friends who follow them.
- The main stories now always appear first in For You.
- Watch the best videos selected by the news editors.
- Add the ability to rank customer reviews on product pages in the most useful, most favourable, most critical, or most recent way.
- Improve the information in the Updates tab with the version of the application and the file size.
- It helps protect privacy only by automatically filling in usernames and passwords after selecting them in a web form field.
- It includes warnings in the smart search field when interacting with passwords or credit card forms on unencrypted web pages.
- Autocomplete for usernames and passwords is now available in web views within the applications.
- Shared items in Mail from Safari are now formatted using reader mode by default when available.
- Favourites folders now show icons for bookmarks contained within.
- Add two new Shuangpin keyboard designs.
- Add support for connected hardware keyboards using the Turkish keyboard design F.
- Improves Chinese and Japanese keyboards for better accessibility in 4.7 and 5.5-inch devices.
- Allows you to return to the keyboard after dictation with just a touch.
- Fixes an issue where an automatic correction may capitalize some words incorrectly.
- Fixes a problem in the iPad Pro that prevented the iPad Smart Keyboard from working after connecting to a captive WiFi hotspot.
- Fixes a problem that could cause the Thai keyboard to change incorrectly to the numeric design when it is in landscape mode.
- App Store adds accessibility support for large, bold text for screen personalization.
- Smart Invert adds support for images on the web and in email messages.
- Improve the RTT experience and add RTT support for T-Mobile.
- Improve the change of application
- It supports the AML standard, which provides more accurate location data to emergency responders when SOS is activated (in the supported countries).
- It adds support for software authentication as a new way for developers to create and enable compatible accessories with HomeKit.
- Podcasts now play episodes with a single tap, and you can touch Details to get more information about each episode.
- Improve search performance for users with long notes in Contacts.
- Improves the performance of Handoff and Universal Clipboard when both devices are on the same WiFi network.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent incoming calls from waking the screen.
- Fixes a problem that could delay or prevent the playback of Visual Voicemail.
- Resolves a problem that prevented opening a web link in Messages.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent users from returning to Mail after previewing an attachment in a message.
- Fixes a problem that could cause email notifications to reappear on the lock screen after they were deleted.
- Resolves a problem that may cause notifications to disappear from the lock screen.
- Solve a problem that prevented parents from using Face ID to approve purchase requests to buy.
- Solve a problem in the climate where current weather conditions may not have been updated.
- Fixes an issue where contacts may not synchronize with a car’s phone book when connected via Bluetooth.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent audio applications from playing in cars when the application was in the background.