My A1 is Xiaomi’s first Android One smartphone, making it the only device in the company that runs Android instead of MIUI. Although My A1 offers more than enough features for the sale price, some hardcore users like to unlock the full potential of the device, especially the camera. Therefore, we bring you a tutorial on how to install the Google camera on Xiaomi Mi A1 without root.
Without further ado, let’s proceed with the detailed installation process of the Google camera in Xiaomi Mi A1.
How to install the Google camera on Xiaomi Mi A1
Although the method mentioned below does not require root access, interested users still have to unlock the bootloader and install Magisk to enable the Camera2 API that is required for the Google camera to work. This method was first shared by a developer called flex1911 in XDA. But now it is straightforward to do this task with the help of a tool from another member of XDA AridaneAM based on the flex1911 method.
- Download the tool required from the link provided at the end of the article.
- Also, make sure you have the ADB / Fastboot drivers installed on your PC.
- Disable password/ pin/pattern and lock fingerprint.
- Enable the developer options by tapping the compilation number seven times.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Now, run the tool as administrator.
- If you have not yet installed the drivers, you can do it with the same tool.
- Then, click on the camera icon and let the tool do the work.
- The phone will reboot in fastboot mode, unlock the bootloader and TWRP will boot temporarily to install the necessary files.
- Once the phone restarts, change the settings in the Google Camera as shown below and force the application to close to apply the changes.
- That’s it, the Google camera will now work perfectly on your My A1 without root and the OTA updates will also be installed as usual.
- Do not forget to remove the password/ pin/pattern and the fingerprint lock.
- If you did not like the Google Camera application, you could simply uninstall it just like any other application.
- You can also install any other port of the Google Camera application and explore more.
- OTA updates will work and, therefore, you should not worry.
- If you restore your Mi A1 from the factory, you must redo the method mentioned above to enable Camera2 API.
More from Android Tutorials
NOTE: root xiaomi mi a1 and Unlocking the Xiaomi Mi A1 bootloader will not void the warranty. Unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi …