In November 2017, Microsoft quietly announced that it would close its free Windows 10 update program. If it did not get its free version of its best operating system to date, well, it had no luck. Or, then we think.
I recently learned that Windows 10 updates continue to work as usual, and I am currently running a version on a rebuilt PC after upgrading from a working version of Windows 8.1. It is not so simple since Microsoft has eliminated the tool that simplifies our lives when updating, but with a little work, you can also update the previous versions of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 to a fully functional version of Windows 10.
How to upgrade to windows 10
1. Find a copy of Windows 8.1 and lower as you will need the key later. If you do not have one, but it is currently installed on your system, a free tool such as NirSoft’s ProduKey can extract the product key from the software that is currently running on your Laptop.
2. This is an excellent stop to pause and back up everything you want to save to your current PC before continuing.
3. From here, you must create a Windows 10 installer by going here and then configuring the installer (Create installation media for another PC) with your desired hardware. Use the ISO file if you plan to burn it to a DVD or USB flash drive if you prefer to install it from a USB device. You should also select Windows versions of 32 or 64 bits.
4. Insert the installation media, restart the computer, and then press F2 to create a different startup priority. This will allow the USB flash drive (or DVD) to run before it starts in the operating system. This will be slightly different on all PCs, depending on the configuration of your BIOS, but it is quite short and dry: select the drive or DVD to start before the hard drive or main SDD.
5. Reboot your computer one more time.
6. After the installation is executed, you will be asked to provide your password. Enter it here and click Next.
More from PC Tutorials
AOMEI OneKey Recovery is an one click recovery software for Windows. In fact, it is a simple system backup&restore tool. …