You should know how to turn your phone into a Personal hotspot; it is a useful skill for 21st-century life. After all, you’ve probably been in a situation where the Internet is dying and you can not do much on your tablet, laptop or desktop computer; But, because your smartphone still receives LTE, you can browse the web and check your Instagram or Twitter feeds. It’s a pretty standard frustration, and until laptops equipped with LTE become more familiar, it’s likely to remain as such.
Turning your device into a Personal hotspot is quite simple. There are some conditions that you must know first. You probably want to have an unlimited data plan, since a mobile hotspot can record data like no other. And some cell phone operators require a hotspot plan or have a connection charge. Also, using your smartphone as a hotspot would drain your battery fairly quickly, so you may want to have your smartphone connected to a portable power bank or plugged into a power outlet.
iPhone and Android smartphones can work as a wi-fi point, although the steps to convert each one varies slightly. This is what you need to know.
Turn your iPhone into a Personal Hotspot
• Open settings on the iPhone.
• Select Cellular and then select the Personal hotspot so that the slider is green.
• If you do not see a slider, but refer to a Configure Personal Hotspot button, you must follow up with your operator because your current mobile plan is not compatible with the anchor.
• Once you turn on the Personal Hotspot, you will see a screen that will ask you to verify the Wi-Fi Password and the name of the phone.
• On the device, you want to connect to wi-fi, such as your laptop or desktop, go to Settings, then Wi-Fi and look up the name of your iPhone that acts as a hotspot. Enter the password and you must be connected.
Turn your Android into a Personal Hotspot
• Open settings on your Android smartphone.
• Select the network and Internet option in Android. (Note that, depending on Android, the repetition may be slightly different).
• Select Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to activate your smartphone as a mobile hotspot. As with iPhone, you will see a screen that will ask you to verify the Wi-Fi Password along with the name of the phone.
• On the device you want to connect to Wi-Fi, go to Settings, then Wi-Fi and look up the name of your Android smartphone. Write the password and go.