The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro from Xiaomi is selling like hotcakes and is the talk of the city for quite some time. Your smartphone is packed with a large list of features, however, if you still want to try new firmware and make the most of the system, you should route it, and in this post, we’ll see how to root xiaomi and install a custom recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Meanwhile, if you are not aware, then you need to know that Xiaomi is currently implementing Android Oreo 8.1 which is MIUI 9.5.4 for the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
For starters, as always, you will need a PC / laptop for this procedure to work and you should also download some essential files that are required to root and also a customized recovery (TWRP Recovery in this case) on your Redmi. Note 5 Pro. Also, you must ensure that you have more than 60% battery backup before starting the process.
Requirements and downloads to root xiaomi note 5 pro
- A full backup of all your data
- Download and install the Xiaomi USB drivers
- A PC / Laptop
- ADB fastboot tools
- Custom Recovery TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro
How to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Before starting the rooting process, your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro needs to have an unlocked boot manager. With Xiaomi unlocking the bootloader it is an easy task, all you need to do is have a working PC with internet connection and simply visit this website here, where you will find a specialized tool to unlock your bootloader without hassle quickly.
However, before doing so, make sure you have enabled the OEM unlock option on your phone, as well as the USB debugging option.
Step 1: Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging
To enable both (USB Debugging and OEM Unlock) these options simply follow these instructions:
- Open the Configuration panel
- Scroll to Developer Options. Now, if the developer options/settings are not enabled, you should go to the
About phone in configuration section and then scroll to the Compilation Number field and start touching (Touch 8 times) on it unless a message appears. Saying that you are now a developer.
- Now within the Developer Options, enable the OEM Unblocking and USB Debugging
- And that is; Now you can proceed to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Your phones must be connected to the PC while you are doing this process, and there is a short ETA if your Redmi Note 5 Pro is simply new, you must wait five days before requesting this process, which is an acceptable time limit.
Once you have unlocked your Bootloader in your Redmi Note 5 Pro, follow the steps outlined below.
Step 2: Start the Fastboot mode
- For this, you must turn off your Redmi Note 5 Pro and then simultaneously press and hold the power button and the volume down button for more than 10 seconds, and you will receive a haptic response and the screen will light up.
- Now your device has successfully started in fastboot mode.
Step 3: Connect your phone to your PC and install the ADB tools
- This is a short step and it is required to flash the TWRP file, but before that, it must be connected to the PC. Also, then install the ADB fastboot tool and turn on the ADB command window.
- To open the ADB command window, just go to the folder on your PC where you have installed the ADB quick-start tools and inside that folder Hold Shift + click with the right mouse button.
- Now a pop-up menu will appear and within that menu select the option Open command window here; this will start the ADB command window.
Step 4: Flash the TWRP recovery file
- Be sure to download the TWRP recovery file from the previous link and extract it into a folder and also remember the path of that folder, usually extract it into a new folder on the desktop or extract it into the ADB fastboot folder.
- Once you extract the TWRP file and your phone is connected to the PC, we should start the update process.
- But before that, let’s check if the ADB Fastboot recognizes your Redmi Note 5 Pro connected or not, to verify this connection, inside the ADB Open Command window, enter the following command ==> fastboot devices
[Note: adb devices can also verify the connection, but since our device is in fast boot, so use the fastboot command, and if you find an error, make sure you have installed Xiaomi device USB drivers in your system]
- Now comes the most crucial part, where we show the recovery of TWRP in your Redmi Note 5 Pro, just enter this command in the command prompt adb ==> fastboot flash recovery twrp_whyred.img
- Once you finish this flashing process, you can end this procedure by just entering the following command.
Step 5: Flash the SU file, Super User to obtain Root Access
Download SU Super.ZIP for Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Now restart in the recovery of TWRP, which we just installed
- To restart custom recovery, you must press and hold the button to lower the volume and the power button for a few moments
- Once, you will see the TWRP interface, press the Install button
- Now navigate to the SuperUser file in your phone’s internal storage
- When the SU (Super User) file is found, select it and simply slide to flash it
- The update process may take some time to complete the process. The process of the update is now complete; You will see two buttons at the bottom, one that is called Clean Cache / Dalvik, touch and slide to start the process.
- Then just touch the Restart button, and your Redmi Note 5 Pro will restart, that’s it! Now you have root xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Once your SU zip has flashed, restart your device, this may take a little longer than normal, and we hope it does not get stuck in a bootloop. Now you know how to root xiaomi note 5 pro.