Your smartphone can read both QR code (which automatically take you to the URL of a website) and the scanning of a barcode to display product information, such as price comparisons and customer reviews. Users, all you need to do is download the correct application and then simply point your smart phone’s camera at the codes.
Firstly, we should say that there are tons of applications that claim to do this, and many of them are very good. For this tutorial, we have chosen two popular applications that we are familiar with and are installing them on an Android phone. You can find similar free apps for iPhone in the App Store.
How to scan QR codes with an Android smartphone
- Download the QR code reader from Google Play
- Start the QR code reader
- Allow the application to take pictures and videos
- Point the phone’s camera at the QR code so that it is inside the square shown on the screen
- The app will read the QR code and offer a link to the related website
How to scan barcodes with an Android smartphone
- Download Barcode Scanner from Google Play
- Run Barcode Scanner
- Position your phone’s camera so that the green line shown on the screen runs horizontally along a barcode of the product
- Select Product Search or Web Search depending on what information you want to discover