It has been around since Windows 7 ($ 22.95 on Amazon.com), and Microsoft has not touched on it since. You will not find it in the Settings application where it is likely that you will first turn when you need to perform some system maintenance on your PC. Instead, it hides in the old Windows Control Panel. What it is is the ability to create a full system backup, which you can use to restore your PC if it fails, gets damaged or stops working without problems.
Steps to create a System Image Backup On Windows 10
1. Open the Control Panel (the easiest way is to look for it or ask Cortana).
2. Click on System and security
3. Click Backup and restore (Windows 7)
4. Click “Create a system image” by the left pane.
5. You have an option for where you want to save the backup image: DVD or external hard drive. I suggest the first, even if your computer has a DVD-RW drive, so connect your external drive to your PC, select On a hard drive and click Next.
6. Click on the Start backup button.
After creating the system image, you will be asked if you want to create a system repair disk. This places your image on a CD or DVD, which you can use to access the image of the system you created if your PC does not boot. Do not worry if your laptop does not have a CD or DVD drive; You can skip this step and start the system from the system image on your external hard drive.
How to recover your PC using your system image
To use the image of your system to restore your PC, open the Configuration application and go to Update and security> Recovery. In the Advanced Home section, click the Restart Now button. When your PC restarts, go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Recover system image and follow the instructions to restore your PC using the system image that you created.