Everyone heard about WhatsApp, the number 1 messenger of Android and iOS devices. Its unique features and stability make WhatsApp very appreciated. What if you want to use your PC to run WhatsApp? In the following sections of this blog post, I will show you how to install WhatsApp on PC/laptop and how to run WhatsApp on PC / Laptop.
How to run WhatsApp through WhatsApp Web App
WhatsApp Web is the most straightforward method of running WhatsApp on a computer or laptop. Even better, it’s official, so you do not have to worry about privacy or security flaws.
For this to work fine, you must have WhatsApp installed and activated on your smartphone. Follow the following four simple steps and learn to run WhatsApp on your computer:
- Access web.whatsapp.com: the site will request a QR code.
- Open WhatsApp Messenger on your smartphone, click on the three-point icon in the upper right corner and click on WhatsApp Web.
- The WhatsApp application will open the scanner. Simply use it to scan the QR code on your computer screen.
- If you scan successfully, you will log in to WhatsApp on your computer.
If for some reason the web version does not satisfy you, a downloadable version for Windows or MacOS is available. However, the same login procedure is needed.
The downloadable version of WhatsApp Web works on Windows 8 or higher and MacOS X 10.9 or higher.
How to install WhatsApp on PC / laptop
To install the Android version of WhatsApp on PC or laptops, you will need an Android emulator, which is a program that allows you to run Android-based applications in an Android environment created virtually with your PC.
- Download BlueStacks and install
- Open BlueStacks: now you will be presented with the most used Android applications.
- Search WhatsApp by scrolling through the applications or using the search bar.
- Once you have found it, click install and WhatsApp will begin the download and installation process, as it would run on a normal Android device.
These are, for the moment, the only two methods to install WhatsApp Messenger on PC / laptop.