The growing success of Fortnite is nothing more than an absolute achievement, beating the concurrent players of PUBG by a wide margin, presenting new masks, providing excellent performance and one of its most celebrated features, which is the cross-game between consoles and PC. However, when Patch 1.9.1 was implemented, an account was automatically created for the console players when the game was first launched, which prevents them from creating their account or logging into the existing account. Next, we will show you how Cross Play Fortnite between PC and Xbox One.
Cross Play Fortnite between PC and Xbox One
Here are the steps you must follow to be able to Cross Play Fortnite between PC and Xbox One.
- When you start the game for the first time in the console and you are in the lobby, go to epicgames.com to create an account. You will not be able to see the name to display because the console automatically created one for you when the game was launched.
- Choose a new name to display and enter your email address.
- Once you have created the account, go to Account Settings and navigate to Connected Accounts.
- Link your Xbox Live account.
- Now you must log in to a PC with the account you just created. You can download the Epic Games initiator on a PC and log in with your credentials or ask the friend of the PC to log in with your credentials. In any case, once you have logged in with your credentials on a PC, send a friend request to your PC friend.
- The PC friend will accept the request; you must leave the game and restart it.
- The PC player will go to the friends’ list, right click on Xbox and select “Join the party.”
- If you followed the steps mentioned above correctly, you could easily cross the game now between Xbox One and PC.
Did this method work for you? Share your results in the comments below.