If you forgot your Wifi key/password, you could find it if you already have another Windows PC connected to your Wi-Fi network. After finding your password, you can use it on another PC or device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
Steps To View Wifi Key On Windows
- On a Windows PC that is connected to your Wi-Fi network, perform one of the following actions, depending on the version of Windows that you are running on your PC:
- In Windows 10, select the Start button, then select Settings> Network and Internet> Status> Network and Sharing Center.
- In Windows 8.1 or 7, search for Network, and then select Network Center and Shares in the results list.
To find out how to find out what version of Windows you have, see What Windows operating system am I using?
2. In the Network and Sharing Center, next to Connections, select your Wi-Fi network name.
3. In Wi-Fi Status, select Wireless Properties.
4. In Wireless Network Properties, select the Security tab, then select the Show characters check box. Your Wifi key is displayed in the network security key box.
On another Windows PC or other device, connect to Wi-Fi as you would normally, and enter your Wifi key when prompted. For more information on how to connect to Wi-Fi on a Windows 10 PC, see Get online
More from PC Tutorials
AOMEI OneKey Recovery is an one click recovery software for Windows. In fact, it is a simple system backup&restore tool. …