Windows 10 comes with so many themes that will surely suit all tastes. For those who want a little more customization, you can always download themes from the Microsoft store, which come with an easy installation file that turns your desktop’s customization into a largely plug-and-play task.
There are also third-party options, although the options we tried were annoying and some came from sources that seemed less than legitimate. For now, we will continue with the proven method of installing custom desktop themes from the Microsoft store.
Steps to install themes in Windows 10
1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Settings.
2. Choose Personalization from the Windows Settings menu.
3. On the left, select Themes in the sidebar.
4. Under Apply a theme, click on the link to Get more themes in the store.
5. Select a theme and click/press to open a pop-up window and download it.
6. Click on the Get button and wait while the theme is downloaded.
7. Choose Launch to load the theme in the Apply a theme menu.
8. Click on the topic to apply.